In June 2013 I went viral about rapper Waka Flocka Flame. My blog post, “How a Waka Flocka Concert Ended My Marriage & Saved My Life,” went viral within one day of my posting it.
It was terrifying. I had no idea it would receive so many retweets, shares, likes, hates and lol’s. I started reading the comments by trolls and was immediately mortified. (But I read all the positive comments, and I appreciate them!) I still get comments and emails from it.
A post written from the heart, about how the ex’s nastiness about me attending a Waka concert was the death blow to our marriage, was suddenly all over the internet. Waka himself retweeted it and then Bow Wow was asking Waka about me on 106 & Park.
Waka also put the article from The Source on his InstaGram account:
Waka himself tweeted this after my blog went viral:
I met some great people because of it, and many thanks to Waka for NOT humiliating me, but being supportive about it.
Below is a compilation of some of my viralness. Warning: Seems a 53-year-old white woman who likes Waka is an easy target for some people. Proceed with caution!
- Original post
- My live on-air interview with the bad boyz f the Mad Hatta Show, 97.9 Houston
- MP3 file of my Mad Hatta interview
- Waka discusses me with Bow Wow on 106 & Park
- The guys that started it all, the first sharers of my post: XXL Magazine
- The Source
- The Grio, an amazing group of people!
- Hip Hop Wired
- The Frisky
- The Huffington Post
- Caribbean Cuttie
- Vibe Magazine
Various other online versions of my story
- Z 107.9 Cleveland
- Britain’s The Fly
- Jasmine Brand’s story on Zimbio
- WKYS 93.9 – Author completely misquoted me!
- Shot 97
- White Women, Black Men site (WTF?)
- Media Anarchist
- Gates Street Heat
- Madame Noire
- The Root
- Complex Music
- Straight From The A
- Ms River City
- Philly Barstool Sports
- Sick Chirpse
- Urban Belle
- Wired 965
- AUX TV
- In Flex We Trust
- Nike Talk
- Ohverly Critical
- Naija Mayor – Nigeria Entertainment
- GA Followers
- Phantasy Tour
- The Hairpin
- Ms Trendy
- Oh No They Didn’t